Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Import list of RICs to Eikon Screener?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to import a custom list of RICs to the Eikon Screener? I have them in a csv file that I generated using Python.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexcelscreenerside-by-side-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<viewable by AHS and original poster>

I added "Side by Side Integration API" tag to this question.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.3k 253 52 74

You can manually import a list of RICs to Eikon Screener through quote list. For example, I need to import these RICs to Eikon Screener.

PTT.BK
IBM.N
GOOG.O

1. Open the Quote List. You can press F2 to open the Quote List

2. Create a new Quote List, such as TestScreenerList

3. Copy and paste a list of RICs to the Quote List

4. Open Eikon Screener and click Edit in Include: Indices, Lists, Porfolios, Screens, Stocks

5. Launch Data Item Library to include a list

6. Find and select the list created in the second step

Then, a list of RICs will be imported to Eikon Screener.

screener1.png (27.3 KiB)
screener2.png (13.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nlieb7

Eikon Screener is a RIC search tool. It also can load a saved RIC List from Monitor app or Quote List app (Thanks to @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai for this information)

If I understand correctly, you would like to use Eikon Desktop app to get your RIC list on Eikon native app such as Monitor app.

You can use Eikon Side by Side Integration API to pass context to Eikon app.

Please read API document at https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/side-side-integration-api/quick-start

Basically, you need a valid APP ID and APP Key.

Please type in APPKEY in Eikon search bar to register for one key.

Then you can follow this sample code:

The sample code pass in 3 RIC (IBM.N, 0005.HK and JPY=) from python app to Eikon - Monitor app.

Here is the Monitor app launched on Eikon Desktop after step 4 is executed.

After this, you can save the list and load them in Screener app.

Please see sub-reply on this answer and also @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai's answer.

ahs.png (106.5 KiB)
ahs1.png (30.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai for importing RIC list to Screener app procedure.

So you can import the RIC list to Monitor app, save the list on monitor app and load them in Screener app.

This is to save RIC list from Monitor app.

ahs2.png (137.1 KiB)
ahs3.png (133.7 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.