Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
135 14 10 10

Go from lipperID to RIC or ISIN

Hello! I am trying to convert a LipperID into ISIN using the following formula:

df,err = ek.get_symbology("LP60000008", from_symbol_type="lipperID", to_symbol_type="ISIN")

df

And get a following error message:

Can not process metadata for request: SymbologySearch.from - value doesn't fall in valid range: [RIC ISIN CUSIP SEDOL ticker lipperID IMO]

Could you help me please?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apilipper
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

This is a bug in Eikon Data APIs library for Python. As as workaround instead of get_symbology method you can use

ek.get_data("LP60000008","TR.ISIN")

Alternatively you can fix the bug in the source code in your copy of Eikon Data APIs library for Python. Specifically change the value of "lipperid" key in the dictionary assigned to symbol_types variable in symbology.py file from "LipperID" to "lipperID".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Would be possible to fix the bug? It is kind of annoying to fix locally this small bug or to use the workaround. Thanks.

And how could I report a bug?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.