question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 3

How to receive more data from Quotes responses

Is there a way I can receive more data from the /search endpoint? For example, I run a query like so:

{
  "View": "QuotesAndSTIRs",
  "Query": "google"
}

And get this in response:

"Total": 9293,
"Hits": [
   {
      "BusinessEntity": "QUOTExEQUITY",
      "DocumentTitle": "Alphabet Inc, Ordinary Share, Class A, NASDAQ Global Select Consolidated",
      "PermID": "55839130072",
      "PI": "17739690",
      "RIC": "GOOGL.O"
   },
]

Is there something I can to the query to receive more market data about Google, like current stock price, etc.?

elektron-sdkrdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @justin.mckenzie,

To my knowledge, from search service you can not receive current prices or other real time content. I will try to double-check on this.

From another service, pricing, also in early access only, one could receive quote snapshots, including prices. And definitely from many other Refinitiv products, Elektron relatime, Eikon (va API), etc., you can also obtain current prices.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hey, thanks for the info! Is the pricing service you mentioned something we will need to ask to access to so we can hit those endpoint(s)?

@justin.mckenzie,

Pricing service is separate from search service. So will not be able to just access it. The account team will be the best contact, to advise with on your exact requirements, and if the required pricing is fee-liable, contract-required, etc.

will tag @sarlota.hohwald , but this is better discussed directly, off-line.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@justin.mckenzie

What's the base URL for this endpoint? I don't recognize it from the request and the response.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, I moved the thread to the forum for Elektron Data Platform where it belongs.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @justin.mckenzie

You can use Elektron APIs below to retrieve current prices(real-time data)

• Elektron SDK which has C++ and Java edition.
  • Web socket API which uses WebSocket and JSON, You can develop an application in multiple languages which supports WebSocket and JSON.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.