For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 2 5 7

rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com IP change

Hi.

I notice that the IP address for the rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com site has changed over the weekend.

Is this something that will occur often?

The reason I'm asking is that our company requires a specific firewall rule for every external API that we as developers are referencing, so each time the IP changes, we have to update our firewall.

Regards.

world-checkworld-check-onepilot-environment
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gerhardtm

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@gerhardtm

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@gerhardtm,

Thank you for your query.

IP addresses may change in the future without prior notice.

We recommend our clients to use FQDN instead of IP addresses to connect to World-Check One using the API.

If a firewall whitelisting is required, you would have to choose a firewall setup / system which can be whitelisted with the FQDN instead of IP address. This is the only solution for the raised concern.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
31 2 5 7

I will take this up with our network admin, thx.

icon clock
10 |1500

Another question; does this apply to the production address also?

@gerhardtm,

Yes, this applies for both pilot and production environment.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.