For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 2 5 7

rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com IP change

Hi.

I notice that the IP address for the rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com site has changed over the weekend.

Is this something that will occur often?

The reason I'm asking is that our company requires a specific firewall rule for every external API that we as developers are referencing, so each time the IP changes, we have to update our firewall.

Regards.

world-checkworld-check-onepilot-environment
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@gerhardtm,

Thank you for your query.

IP addresses may change in the future without prior notice.

We recommend our clients to use FQDN instead of IP addresses to connect to World-Check One using the API.

If a firewall whitelisting is required, you would have to choose a firewall setup / system which can be whitelisted with the FQDN instead of IP address. This is the only solution for the raised concern.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
31 2 5 7

I will take this up with our network admin, thx.

icon clock
10 |1500

Another question; does this apply to the production address also?

@gerhardtm,

Yes, this applies for both pilot and production environment.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.