Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 2 3

I get "backend error. 500 Internal Server Error" when I want to pull the data in our code from 24 hours ago. I was wondering if someone can help me about this error. Actually, I am confused about it because I used the same code for the previous days.

We didn’t have this kind of error before. Every time that we run the program, we get different range of dates. Sometimes we can pull the data in our codes from 2007 until now and sometimes we can pull the data from 2017 until now. These codes work for 6 months and we didn’t change anything in our codes.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @fmkazemia

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 2 3

Attached are screenshots from System Test section in EIKON application.

Time series streaming availability and Time series snapshot availability features are not stable in EIKON app.

These features are failed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @fmkazemia,

It doesn't appear that you are doing anything incorrectly from an API perspective. Instead, the intermittent issues may be a result of server overload. The immediate workaround is to try the request with a smaller date range to see if this helps. If you continually encounter this error, the best and most efficient approach is to open a support case with Refinitiv Helpdesk and include the complete details. Your inquiry will be assigned immediately and investigated in a timely manner. These forums do not specialize in server issues.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 2 3

Hi @nick.zincone.1 ,

Thanks a lot for your help. Sure. I will post it in Refinitiv Helpdesk but the link doesn't work.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @fmkazemia,

I'm not sure what doesn't work = I just tried it and landed on a product support page. Try this link: https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html or simply google "Refinitiv Helpdesk".

Thank you. I could find them through Eikon application.

Upvotes
21 0 2 3

The Helpdesk response is interesting for me.

"

For type of query, please post it to our Developer Community website:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/index.html

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

"

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @fmkazemia

May I know the case number please?

I will make sure that helpdesk is handling this technical issue properly.

Thanks.

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit

Thanks very much for the follow-up.

Our case number is 08129823 .

Thanks,

H @fmkazemia,

Sorry about the confusion. The Helpdesk may have mistakenly assumed your question was strictly API related. Case number: 08129823 has been re-opened and you should expect to see responses there. Thanks.

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

My issue is directly related to the API. I am waiting for their response.

Thank you for the follow-up.

1573224124206.png (2.4 KiB)
Upvotes
21 0 2 3

HI @nick.zincone.1 and @chavalit.jintamalit

FYI, they did a great job.

Now everything is fine and our code is working.

Thanks a lot for your ongoing support,

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.