Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 2 1 1

Error code 404 | Client Error

I get error "eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code 404 | Client Error: <!DOCTYPE html>" when I tried to use ek.get_news_headlines, and I tried to use configration manager to check but I cannot click on configure (see below), and I tried to go to local host 9000 and I received below:

{"port":9000,"mode":"eikon4","pid":24716,"hasSecure":true,"startedTime":"Thu Nov 07 2019 14:19:48 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)","subApps":[{"path":"/heap"},{"path":"/ping"},{"path":"/sxs","data":{"hasSecure":true,"sxsApps":{}}}]}

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-404
1573202516844.png (103.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

"Configure" bottom is unavailable probably because you don't mark "Configure Logs on the Workstation" and select trace level.

I did but still not working

<viewable to original poster and AHS>
Hi @swang

This is your Account Manager contact.

Muriel Moutschen
Phone Number+352 475151
muriel.moutschen@thomsonreuters.com / muriel.moutschen@refinitiv.com

@swang

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @swang

I checked in our user tools using your forum registered email and see that you are using Eikon - Core variant.

It does not support API features.

Please contact your account manager to see the available options.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.