Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

recreate Rhistory function through VBA

I managed to get the Eikon VBA API up and running with the following parameters (from the example file) :

Instrument GB0008754136

Fields TRDPRC_1.TIMESTAMP;TRDPRC_1.VALUE;TRDPRC_1.VOLUME

Request Mode NBROWS:25 INTERVAL:TICK CODE:MULTI

RefreshParams FRQ:5S

DisplayParams SORT:D CH:Fd

Now I would like to recreate the following Rhistoryfunction according to that parameter layout : =RHistory("TRGBNBPD1";".Timestamp;.Close";"START:41275 END:43789 INTERVAL:1D";;"SORT:ASC TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd";G12) . How do I convert it from that history function to the necessary parameters to utilize in the VBA API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dmdeclercq

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@dmdeclercq

The following is the syntax of the RHistory function:

=RHistory("Instruments","[Fields]","Request","[Refresh]","[Display]",[Destination Cell])

I think you can apply it to the parameters of the RHistory VBA API.

For more information regarding the RHistory VBA API, please refer to Tutorial 9 - Time Series History - RHistoryAPI.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.