Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 5

How to get Investor Portfolio History for more than 24 months

Hi,

is there a possibility to get Investor Portfolio History Report Data for more than the last 24 months at once?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiportfolio-history
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @s2782245,

I believe that for extensive content requirements, Eikon Data API is not a good vehicle, the enterprise history products, DSS and Tick History, are probably the way to go. The content can be requested via HTTP RES using Python.

However, to look into your requirement in more detail, and to advise on the best approach for you, please contact your Refinitiv account manager to discuss.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @s2782245 - I think you are referring to the Investor Portfolio History Report app in Eikon - you can only select a maximum of 24 months in one go. Of course, you can create multiple queries to get a longer history.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 5

Hi @jason.ramchandani, thank you very much for your answer.

1. Is there any possibility to get this information through the python api?

I need to gather this information for a large set of entities and a time frame of ten years.

An alternative would be to get this information the other way around by using the eikon excel add in. This way it is possible to get ownership information on specific entities. However it is not possible to only get this information for a specific subset of investors.

For this reason:

2. Is it possible to get this information through the api?

Thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.