For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 3 4

DSS REST API got connection reset error

One of my customers used our code sample to try to access to DSS data via REST API, while it got connection reset error when attempting to establish connection. Please help to take a look at the screenshot below and advise how to find the cause.

Thanks,

Alec

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrest-apiconnection
dss-issue.jpg (246.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Liheng.Wang,

This type of error message can be due to many causes. Could you ask the customer to share his code, so we can try it out ? Also please ask if there are any firewalls or proxies between the internet and the machine where the code is running.

Hi Christiaan, thanks for your help. As far as I know, there is no firewall or network issue at the client side. Because they could telnet to the destination server.

Actually the customer only used the demo code for testing, and they didn't develp its own code yet. Please download the demo code from the link below.

Removed link

Thanks,

Alec

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Liheng.Wang,

It looks like the customer downloaded our DSS Java samples package, took the code from one of them (DSS2TokenProxy) and modified it while putting it in his own Maven / Spring environment. With his credentials he also hard coded the IP of a proxy server in the code.

If I run that code with the parameters that are in the file you sent I get a "Service Unavailable" error message, because the proxy IP set by your customer cannot be reached from my network.

If the customer has a proxy, but the proxy requires authentication (which is not included in that particular code sample), then it might result in a connection reset. I cannot guarantee what error message will be delivered because I don't have the infrastructure to test that.

In conclusion:

• If the customer does not have a proxy he should not be using that sample, but instead use that from sample DSS2Token.
  • If he has a proxy, maybe it requires authentication ? In that case he should be using sample DSS2TokenProxyAuth (note that this sample only supports basic user/password proxy authentication, we do not have samples for other proxy authentication mechanisms).
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will talk to the customer about it and update you later. I believe they don't use proxy therefore they should use DSS2Token. Have a good day.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.