question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 4 8 8

Connection to Elektron Real Time in Cloud fails

Since 12:39 JST (3:39 GMT) today our server fails to connect to Elektron in Cloud streaming (emea-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com) with following errors.

1. Closed/Suspect/Internal error from sender - text: "DACS Gateway connection is down"

2. Failed to init Channel: <D:\Jenkins\workspace\ESDKCore_RCDEV\OS\VS150-64\rcdev\source\esdk\Cpp-C\Eta\Impl\Transport\rsslSocketTransportImpl.c:6474> Error: 1002 Could not read IPC Mount Ack. Connection attempt has failed. System errno: (0)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Serge,

I am observing an alert on my.refinitiv.com that is resolved and appears to be directly related to what you are describing:

Alert ID 207556

... Real-time data on Thomson Reuters Eikon was disrupted for some customers connected to EMEA platform between 03:39 and 04:03 GMT.... 

Therefore, I suspect that you do not observe the issue anymore.

Would like to help, by suggesting that next time you suspect a service outage, please proceed to Customer Account portal directly, login and review Notifications & Alerts -> Service Alerts.

One may prefer to use Historical Search to filter out only potentially relevant alerts, and as an example, for region Europe to search on "emea", for myself, I search on "amer"., and always mark "include resolved" in my searches to include the reports that have already been resolved, which represent the majority of the reports.

If the issue is brand new, maybe it has not been reported to Refinitiv yet, then I would suggest Opening a Support Case on the same portal and having the current info.

The developer forums continue to be the best way to discuss any non-time-sensitive, Refinitiv API related questions or issues with fellow developer members, moderated by Refinitiv API experts.

I hope this information helps you in a similar situation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.