question

Upvotes
Accepted
28 2 1 2

How can I tell whether a user is using package DatastreamDSWS or PyDSWS if they don't know?

datastream-apidsws-apitrade
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Alison.Quick,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Alison.Quick

I am not sure if I mis-understand the question, but can they not look in their python script or jupyter notebook etc and see which library they are importing?

import DatastreamDSWS

or

import PyDSWS

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you - I have realised this was quite a stupid question as the answer was staring me in the face the whole time!!!!

Hi @Alison.Quick

You are welcome.

Please click the 'Accept' text next to whichever answer you found most helpful. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Alison.Quick

The other way beside checking the application source code is using Python "pip list" command which give you a list of installed package/library.

pip-list.png (34.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks Wasin, much appreciated!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.