Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Find options associated with stocks

Hi all,

how can I get all the stock options associated with one specific stock security with Eikon API? My aim is to start from a specific index (like in STOXX 600 Europe as in the example below) and get data about options associated with the individual stocks which are included in such index

I am trying this:

data, err = ek.get_data('0#.STOXX', fields=['TR.CommonName']) #get all members in STOXX

and then I try to get the options for the first stock included:

df, err=ek.get_data('BOUY.PA', ['OPTIONS'])

However, I see only one option (very strange) with a RIC which is 0#BOUYA*.p

What does this p stands for? Is it only put? How can I get historical data about the options associated with 0#BOUYA*.p (price close, strike, expiry date)?

Thank you in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalderivativesequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Matteo1177

Try something like

df, err = ek.get_data(instruments = ['0#BOUYA*.p'], fields = ['STRIKE_PRC','EXPIR_DATE','CF_CLOSE'] )

which gives something like

0#BOUYA*.p is a Chain Ric - see the start of this article for an overview on Chains

1580392339915.png (9.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.