question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

SSLError: bad handshake

I used to be able to download data from the permID API using my python script and access token. However, recently I have been getting an SSL error:

SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='permid.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1-5042944306?format=json-ld&access-token=XXXXXXXXX (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'tls_process_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')])")))

I would appreciate it if somebody can provide a solution for this. Thank you.

pythonpermid-apiintelligent-tagging-apiopen-permid-apissl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @angs,

I have just tried in browser

https://permid.org/1-5042944306?format=json-ld&access-token=MINE

and got back json as expected.

Can you please try, do you observe the issue still?

If it does, have any changes been made by your organization recently, to restrict security on access, this discussion may be relevant then.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thank you, @zoya.farberov It was indeed the security restrictions from my organization.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.