Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
84 4 4 8

Bond Ratings

What's the best way to retrieve all Bond Ratings in the below screen (see bottom right corner)?

The RIC is US71568QAG29

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibonds
bond.png (226.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

There are meant to be 3 Ratings on the screen.

1581953727527.png (23.6 KiB)
Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @Alan Kar Lun.Tam

Try this:

df, err = ek.get_data('ID189900872=', ['TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).RatingSourceDescription','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY)','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).date'])
df

ahs.jpg (76.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
20 0 1 4

Hello, I am trying to retrieve the Ratings for some bonds using the python API. Would you please tell me what is the command for it? I cannot make the below script work.

from refinitiv.data.content import search

import refinitiv.data as rd

import pandas as pd

from datetime import date, timedelta, datetime

import numpy as np

rd.open_session()

response = search.Definition(view=search.Views.FIXED_INCOME_INSTRUMENTS, \

filter = f"MaturityRedemDate ge {datetime.today().strftime('%Y-%m-%d')} and IsActive eq true and (InstrumentTypeDescription eq 'Bond' or InstrumentTypeDescription eq 'Note') "\

"and PrincipalCurrency eq 'GBP' "\

"and InflationProtected eq 'N' "\

"and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Other Financial' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Sovereign' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Official and Muni' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Supranational' "\

"and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Banks' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Agency' and IndustrySectorDescription ne 'Official and Muni'", \

navigators = "SectorDescription", \

select="IssuerLegalName, RIC, ISIN, IsActive, IssueDate, MaturityRedemDate, MaturityYearsToRedem, IssuerCountry, "\

"PrincipalCurrency, InflationProtected, SearchAllCategoryv3, InstrumentTypeDescription, DebtTypeDescription, AssetType, AssetCategory, AssetTypeDescription, AssetSubTypeDescription, AssetStateName," \

"MoodysRating, MoodysRatingDate, SPBondRatingLatest, SPRating, SPRatingDate, "\

"MaturityDate, RCSOrganisationTypeName, IndustrySectorDescription, DbSubTypeDescription, Sector, SectorDescription,"\

"DocumentTitle, Description", \

top = 10000).get_data()

df = response.data.df

df1 = rd.get_data(

universe=[df["RIC"][1-10000]],

#fields=['TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).RatingSourceDescription','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY)','TR.GR.Rating(BondRatingSrc=FTC:S&P:MDY).date']

fields=['TR.GR.Rating.RatingSourceDescription','TR.GR.Rating','TR.GR.Rating.date']

)

display(df1)

the goal is to have, per each entry retrieved by the search, the Zspread and the last ratings information (from Moodys and Fitch, with timestamp) also, do you have any guide that I can use regarding retrieving Fixed Income instruments using the Python API? I often struggle to know which info are available and what's the code (for "filter" or "select") to be used

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.