Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

EIKON API Calls (Count)

A prospect is asking on How do we count calls ?

1. If using the eikon api r package make the following request (from the manual) fields = list(TR_Field('tr.revenue'),TR_Field('tr.open',NULL,'asc',1),TR_Field('TR.GrossProfit',list('Scale'=6, 'Curn'='EUR'),'asc',0)) > data_frame = get_data(list("IBM","MSFT.O"),fields)

1.a Have I understood it correctly that the following call will count as 1 call as long as it is below 10.000 data points

1.b.Have I understood it correctly that a data point would best be considered as what you would normally fit in one cell in Microsoft excel? Meaning that updating the attached excel sheet would take 15 api calls?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@maximilian.kamner

The Eikon Data API usage and lists are explained in this guideline.

From my finding, it uses one request message to run this code.

fields = list(TR_Field('tr.revenue'),TR_Field('tr.open',NULL,'asc',1),TR_Field('TR.GrossProfit',list('Scale'=6, 'Curn'='EUR'),'asc',0)) 
data_frame = get_data(list("IBM","MSFT.O"),fields)

Therefore, it should be counted as one request.

Refer to the guideline, "A datapoint is a 'cell', or a unique field value for a unique instrument on a unique timestamp." From this definition, a datapoint can be fit in one cell in Microsoft excel.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @maximilian.kamner

I think you download the Eikon R package from github?

You have to raise your question to the Eikon R package contributor.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.