Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How can I programmatically check whether a solution's app key is still active?

I've taken over a solution (python) where an app key is provided, but it throws an error on the set_app_key stage. I suspect because the key is no longer valid/belongs to an account that no longer exists. I could download the Data API and generate another key, but wanted to know beforehand if there was any way of checking whether that is the cause of the error?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapp-key
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @nataliem Programatically there is not a way to check if an app key is valid other than running it (and getting an error on set_app_key) - as you seem to be experiencing. Just open up APPKEY app and either generate a new app key or use an existing app key to check whether that is the issue. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nataliem

I can see these appkeys from your company.

Note that I have to blur part of it for your privacy.

ahs.png (85.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

The first key is the key in question. The owner's account may no longer be active. Would this affect the key's validity?

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nataliem

I tested the appkey in question, and it is working fine for me.

ahs.png (14.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.