Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 1 2 6

Argus wrong close price

Hello,

We are using the Eikon Python API to download prices for Argus codes, and there are some cases where the close price is different than the one reported from Argus.

For example for code PA0018491, on 13-Feb-2020 the prices that we get are

high:-4.15 , low:-3.90, close:-4.030

while the actual close price is -4.025

Keep an eye that the average of high and low price is equal to the actual price, but differs from the downloaded close price.

Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

Please see a response from the content team below.

The data reflecting on the product is accurate and in line with the source. The more negative a number, the smaller the number is. Therefore, the data available is valid. 

Moreover, prices are being rounded off due to which -4.025 was updated as -4.03 this is natural due to product limitations. 
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @sfaka

I check the data using Eikon Excel and Eikon Data API(Python)

And I got Close = -4.030 on both Eikon Excel and API.

If you believe that the data is incorrect or need to clarify the data point, please contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (114.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.