Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
18 1 2 1

Is it possible to use Eikon API (Python) to retrieve Technical Analysis in Eikon Charting?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Xia.Liu No the Eikon Data API doesn't deliver technical analysis like bollinger bands and other indicators etc. However all of these are derived from the underlying data which the Eikon Data API does deliver. Pandas has some nice built in functionality for more simple indicators such as moving averages and the like - you can see an article I wrote on that here.

There are also some very nice technical analysis packages out there in Python which are built to do various different calculations for you - even as far as recognising various candlestick patterns - so it is very easy to implement what you want to. Please check the popular TA-Lib package and the numerous other packages available. We are just about to publish an article on this - so keep an eye out for that. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jason.ramchandani01 does the Eikon Data API still not deliver technical analysis?

@as4426 Thanks for your comment - please take a look at the Jupyter notebook here - of a talk I gave last week to the Society of Technical Analysts conference, I hope you will see how easy it is to create most of the popular TA indicators/features including candlestick patterns using TA-Lib and Pandas-TA. Not only that but how to also create a systematic trading strategy and to backtest it. Let me know what you think.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.