question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 0

UPA app: Request Rejected: Request message payload not supported on non-private streams

Hello Dev team,

I have a customer who is trying to switch from deployed TREP to hosted EaaS.

Their UPA application gets error messages -- see email below, second bullet point.

Any ideas?

They also have a news app which has issues but I think may be due to missing data permissioning.

THANKS Phil

---

Hi Philip,

I have re-tried our applications but was unable to receive any market data or news:

• the news RFA application does not get event stream closed now, but still there is no news input (after registering for MRN_STORY RIC with MMT_NEWS_TEXT_ANALYTICS msgModelType), e.g. at 14:48CET today 3/2.
  • our market data UPA application receives (many) Closed/Suspect/Usage error: "Request Rejected: Request message payload not supported on non-private streams." (streamState=4, dataState=2,code=5), after sending a RSSL_MC_REQUEST for RSSL_DMT_MARKET_PRICE by RICs, same as before the permissioning, e.g. at 14:40CET today 3/2.

Could you please check if we need any change in the way our applications log in and subscribe to market data and news? Or is something missing on your side?

---

Thank you,

Balazs Rozsas

Senior Software Engineer - Market Data

Interactive Brokers Hungary
13-14 Madach Imre Street, Budapest, 1075 Hungary
Phone: +36 1 445 0825

Cell/Mobile: +36 20-576-4654

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Philip.Balfour,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 0

@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

With the hints you provided, the developer was able to fix the problem:

"I could track down the UPA issue RsslRequestMsg.msgBase.containerType being set to RSSL_DT_ELEMENT_LIST instead of RSSL_DT_NO_DATA, so we can also receive market data from the hosted EaaS port now."

This is great news, THANK YOU AGAIN for all your support! Phil

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Philip.Balfour

For permissioning problem, the client should contact Refinitiv account team who should be able to help to grant the permission.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 0

@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Hi Pimchaya,

Do you think that the RFA news application problem is due to permissioning? Account team is already working on that but there are some admin issues to resolve.

What about the UPA market data app problem? If you think it is related to their code (e.g. sending payload with item request) Should I raise an RDC query on the customer's behalf?

Thanks, Phil

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Philip.Balfour

I am not sure if this is due to permisssioning. The application should check the status message what the error is.

About UPA market data app problem, Yes. you should raise and RDC query on behalf of the client for further investigation. You can submit the query to us via Premium Support Query, https://developers.refinitiv.com/group-support-form/1591/144

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.1k 250 52 74

@Philip.Balfour

There are some questions in the forum regarding this error: " Request Rejected: Request message payload not supported on non-private streams". For example:

To verify the problem, the client needs to enable tracing in the API. With trace files, we can verify messages sent and received by the application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 0

@Pimchaya.Wongrukun

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

How can I raise a Premium Support Query? For me, the link provided above

https://developers.refinitiv.com/group-support-form/1591/144

just goes to a page "something went wrong"

can I raise this via the normal helpdesk?

thanks! Phil

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Philip.Balfour

RDC is subscription base service so the client should submit the query by themselves. Please inform the client to go to https://developers.refinitiv.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-0 then click Contact Premium Support:

For any difficulties submitting the query, please contact rdc.administrator@refinitiv.com

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.