Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 3 7 7

Analyst Revisions Model Global Rank for time series

When I tried a code below:

df_timeseries = ek.get_timeseries(['9983.T', '2670.T'], start_date='2020-01-01', end_date='2020-01-30', fields="TR.ARM100Country", interval='daily')

it give mes back NaN:

TR.ARM100COUNTRY 9983.T 2670.T

Date

2020-01-06 NaN NaN

2020-01-07 NaN NaN

2020-01-08 NaN NaN

2020-01-09 NaN NaN

2020-01-10 NaN NaN

2020-01-14 NaN NaN

Could you help me understand how to retrieve time series data for TR.ARM100COUNTRY by using Python API? I know the below works, but I want to see the time series data for that tem.

ek.get_data(['9983.T', '2670.T'],"TR.ARM100Country")

Thanks a lot!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@iwasakI

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @iwasakI san

1. get_data for historical TR.ARM100Country field

You can use "Data Item Browser" to see if the field support timeseries/historical data via its parameters.

Here is a tutorial for Data Item Browser, https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/learning?content=14707&type=learning_material_item

In this case, it does not support timeseries. (no parameters for timeseries available)

2. get_timeseries

You can use fields="*" to request for every available field or omit this parameter.

And you will get all the available fields on this interface back.

However, please note that this is not the same data field as get_data.

You can see that the only available fields for this 9983.T are OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE, VOLUME.

So from 1) and 2), you cannot retrieve this TR.ARM100Country data field in timeseries from both interfaces.

You can contact the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk(https://my.refinitiv.com/) to get help to clarify if there is any other data field that carries the information you are looking for (you can use Data Item Browser to explore it too).

ahs1.png (38.1 KiB)
ahs2.png (32.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.