question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi guys. The Eikon Installer for Thomson Reuters Eikon 4 PC Requirements seems to think that my operating system is 32bit but it is infact 64bit, thus the installation fails. Please could anyone with any solution help me? Thanks

eikonmessenger-bot-api64-bit32-bit
1586652321464.png (227.5 KiB)
1586652489670.png (59.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Did you manage to get a 64-bit version running? Or did you force install? Since I am still stuck with the 32-bit I would be curious to know your Office version, do you mind sharing that info?

Greeting @sdittmar I did a force install using the command below:

EikonInstaller.exe /COMMAND=_forceInstall=1

My apologies for the late response

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
55 4 4 6

Do you happen to run a Home & Student version of MS Office? Somehow Eikon only recognized that as 32-bit even when it is 64-bit. But there is a force install option for Eikon that will let you install Eikon as 32-bit. Support can help you with that...

Actually, I found the commands:

EikonInstaller.exe /COMMAND=_forceInstall=1

or
EikonInstaller.exe /SILENT /COMMAND=_forceInstall=1

But frankly, that seems more like a hack than a proper solution to me and I would be happy to hear how to get a 64-bit version running myself...

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.