question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi guys. The Eikon Installer for Thomson Reuters Eikon 4 PC Requirements seems to think that my operating system is 32bit but it is infact 64bit, thus the installation fails. Please could anyone with any solution help me? Thanks

eikonmessenger-bot-api64-bit32-bit
1586652321464.png (227.5 KiB)
1586652489670.png (59.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Did you manage to get a 64-bit version running? Or did you force install? Since I am still stuck with the 32-bit I would be curious to know your Office version, do you mind sharing that info?

Greeting @sdittmar I did a force install using the command below:

EikonInstaller.exe /COMMAND=_forceInstall=1

My apologies for the late response

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
55 3 4 6

Do you happen to run a Home & Student version of MS Office? Somehow Eikon only recognized that as 32-bit even when it is 64-bit. But there is a force install option for Eikon that will let you install Eikon as 32-bit. Support can help you with that...

Actually, I found the commands:

EikonInstaller.exe /COMMAND=_forceInstall=1

or
EikonInstaller.exe /SILENT /COMMAND=_forceInstall=1

But frankly, that seems more like a hack than a proper solution to me and I would be happy to hear how to get a 64-bit version running myself...

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.