Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 3 2 1

Some exported cells to csv do not have any decimal separator (I use Pandas and Python)

Hi folks,

I am trying to download data to study it with Pandas. I want to store the data in csv format.

THe problem is I see that sometimes the cells do not contain the decimal separator which means the number is 1000 higher than it should. For example:

And this happens in all columns, High, Close etc.

Any ideas to solve this issue?

I think I could write a program in Python that divides by 1000 if the number is an outlier but I prefer to get the data properly in the first place.

This is the code I used to generate the csv file:

import eikon as ek 
ek.set_app_key('key')
result = ek.get_timeseries(["AAPL.O"], start_date = "2020-01-01T15:00:00", end_date = "2020-04-06T16:00:00", interval="minute",fields= "*" ) 
result.to_csv (r'C:\path\result.csv', index = True, header=True)

Thanks for your help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apicsv
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@arnoldpredator

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have already known an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @arnoldpredator,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arnoldpredator

I just tried the above snippet of code and checked the output csv file in Excel.

The only columns that have values greater than 327.9 are the COUNT and VOLUME columns. I checked this by sorting each of the HIGH, LOW, OPEN and CLOSE columns in turn and checking the highest number in each column.

I would recommend programmatically checking the raw content of result dataframe itself to see if you can see any such invalid numbers. If you can, then I recommend you raise a Content Incorrect type Ticket on MyRefinitiv with examples including the date and time stamp of the problem values.

If, however, the raw dataframe looks correct but the csv does not, then the problem is likely with the panda to_csv function. Note that I am using Pandas version 1.0.0

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @arnoldpredator

I followed my own advice about checking the raw dataframe (just to double-check) and got the following:

If you do the same and you are seeing different values, please raise a ticket as described above.

1586946499980.png (6.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.