question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 3 8 7

How to get the same results in python API as the one from DFO?

I execute below code to find the 'ISHARES MSCI AUSTRALIA ETF' symbol.

But I got nothing.

Then, I search the same keyword on Datastream Office. And then I got the following.

Q1. Using python API, how can I get the same results that I got from Datastream Office's?

Q2. And is there anything I can do to get and actually see more than 5 results through the DS.SYMBOLLLOOKUP in python API??

Q3. Can I get a list of variables that can be used in "fields" such as "DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP" in the first image? I could not find that list anywhere.

pythondatastream-apidsws-apidatastream-for-office
dsws.png (5.0 KiB)
datastream.png (113.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@sjh0724

From my testing, it is unable to lookup 'ISHARES MSCI AUSTRALIA ETF'. Therefore, for the first and third questions, you can directly contact the Datastream WebService support team via MyRefinitv for answers.

For the second question, I found an answer in this thread. You can use the Count parameter, such as DS.SYMBOLLOOKUP(Count=20) to get more than five results.

1587609581571.png (16.4 KiB)
1587610304275.png (53.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As you mentioned, I contacted directly the Datastream WebService support team.

I got this reply.

Okay. Let me try another method.

By when can I get an answer?

Upvotes
681 2 2 1

Hi, it is advised that clients who want full coverage of Datastream's universe to use Navigator and the search tools available there. It is limited to only 5 returned values per search and cover extends to the below categories.

Bond Indices
Bonds & Convertibles
Commodities

Economics
Equities
Equity Indices
Exchange Rates
Interest Rates
Investment Trusts
Options

Unit Trusts
Warrants

Credit Default Swaps as “CDS”

Further information can be found on infobase

https://infobase.thomsonreuters.com/infobase/hintchild/11040/

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.