Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 4

getting RIC for fund component - field FUNDHOLDINGRIC

Hi, I hope every thing is doing weel for your. I have a problem to get RIC for fund allocation. using get_dat with these fields ["TR.FUNDHOLDINGRIC","TR.FundHoldingname","TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets","TR.FundNumberOfShares","TR.FundAllocationDate"]. In eikon I can visualize RIc for components.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifunds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @kamal.chancari,

I just received word from the support team with this response:

"Bond RICS in Eikon Excel or Eikon Data API for Fund Holdings is not accessible at this time and there is already an enhancement request raised for this"

Unfortunately, at this time, it is not possible to retrieve that data for Bonds.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @kamal.chancari,

The get_data() function isn't used to get a RIC - you need to know the RIC in advance which is used as input into the function to get the data fields you are interested in. For example:

Use the Ric(s) you can see in Eikon and use the get_data() as above.

ahs.png (26.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

Hi Nick,

thank you for your answer.

I'm looking for RIC code for the componenet of the fund (data in the second colomn in your screen shot). for share these RIC are returned but when these assets are bond, the function get_data doesn't return Rics. you can try the call with this instrument for exemple "LU1819949162".

If you open the overview->holding->derived holding you can see Rics, with get_get you don't get Rics.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @kamal.chancari,

It is not clear what you are asking. I don't know what "overview->holding->derived holding" is. What Rics are you referring to?

Please post the actual code you are using and show a screenshot of the Rics you can get within Eikon.

Also, please use the DIB (Data Item Browser) within Eikon to list the fields available for that fund. For example, I filtered on RIC as there are many fields with the word 'Ric' inside.

1587586345655.png (126.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

this is my code :

df, err = ek.get_data("LU1819949162", ["TR.FUNDHOLDINGRIC","TR.FundHoldingname","TR.FundPercentageOfFundAssets","TR.FundNumberOfShares","TR.FundAllocationDate"],{'Scale': 6, 'SDate': 0, 'EDate': -20, 'FRQ': 'FY', 'Curn': 'EUR', 'endnum' :10000 })

and this is a screen shot for the correspending data in eikon

capture.jpg (79.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @kamal.chancari,

Thank you - now I can see the issue. For some reason Eikon Data API seems to populate the Fund Holding RIC for stock and fund holdings but not for bond holdings. Yet, Eikon is somehow populating this column. This will require more investigation.

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

OK thank you Nick.

let me know if you have some update on this issue.

Regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.