question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 1 1

how to I specify mAccessLevel during DACS user creation via API.

DacsWSClient.py.txta.py.txtI am using Dacs Web Service API to automate Dacs Admin user creation for Dacs 6.6. I am implementing it using suds.client python library to call the API. Method I am calling is - createDacsAdministratorDefinition( DacsAdministratorLogin, DacsAdministratorDefinition ).

While setting the DacsAdministratorDefinition, I am getting error if I am not setting mAccessLevel variable.

[gblu9012088.eu.hedani.net][UAT]:gmdadmin:>./a.py

Some error

FAILURE

DACS Administrator access level required.

But when I set mAccessLevel, I am getting Type not defined error. Can you please help ? suds.TypeNotFound: Type not found: 'mAccessLevel'

My sample code is attached.

DACS
dacswsclientpy.txt (4.6 KiB)
apy.txt (334 B)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 1 1

Solved the issue.

The documentation mentions variable name as mAccessLevel .

But in actual API implementation, the last character is missing. So, I used 'mAccessLeve' and the issue got solved.

May be the documentation needs update, as API update will cause the existing users to update the code !!

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sagar.gadge

Thanks for the update - much appreciated.

I will report your finding to the Development team.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sagar.gadge

Not an expert on this API but I noted that the documentation mentions the following parameter

mAccessLevelSet xs:boolean Indicates whether mAccessLevel is set.

Have you tried setting that?

If the above does not work, please respond here and hopefully a DACS expert will respond.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.