question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 1 2 6

rmdstestclient max subscriptions / batch subscriptions

Hello Dev Team,

What is the maximum number of subscriptions supported in rmdstestclient ? And to subscribe for 2000+ subscriptions in a file, what are the parameters required ?

Thank you.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructurebatchrmds-test-client
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@SMR

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @SMR

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@SMR

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @SMR

The rmdstestclient is a general purpose consuming application that request item data from a source only. I have check its document and it seems cannot list the PEs from the connected source. You may contact the TREP support team to help you verify the rmdstestclient feature via https://my.refinitiv.com/ web site.

There are the Open DACS APIs that let the application connect to the DACS server programmatically to check and verify permission. You can find the API information from the following pages:

Please note that the OpenDACS API connects to DACS server directly, not to TREP server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @SMR

rmdstestclient should be able to subscribe 1000s of items - I don't know the upper limit but I have used it for several thousand.

for example

rmdsTestClient -S ELEKTRON_EDGE -f myrics -h ads1 -p 8101 -ct ssl -u umer -X

will read a list of RICS from the myrics file and request them from ads1 service ELEKTRON_EDGE using the legacy SSL/MF protocol and dump the output to the console.

where myrics contains a single RIC on each line

OR the following which does the same except using RSSL / OMM format

rmdsTestClient -S ELEKTRON_EDGE -f myrics -h ads1 -p 14002 -ct rssl -u umer 

Full documentation on the rmdstestclient parameters you can use can be found(pdf)here and web-based here

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
33 1 2 6

Hello Umer

Thank you for the response.

A follow up question -

Using rmdstestclient, is there way to find out the PEs permissioned on a particular site?

Regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @SMR

The rmdstestclient is a general purpose consuming application that request item data from a source only. I have check its document and it seems cannot list the PEs from the connected source. You may contact the TREP support team to help you verify the rmdstestclient feature via https://my.refinitiv.com/ web site.

There are the Open DACS APIs that let the application connect to the DACS server programmatically to check and verify permission. You can find the API information from the following pages:

Please note that the OpenDACS API connects to DACS server directly, not to TREP server.

Upvotes
33 1 2 6
@WASIN, A follow up question Using rmdstestclient, is there way to find out the PDPs permissioned for a particular site?
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
33 1 2 6
Hello @Wasin, Thank you for the response. Will check with support team as necessary. Regards
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.