question

Upvotes
Accepted
37 14 16 18

Point and Chain RICs

Hi Refinitiv Support,

I would like to be able to get individual Rics from chain RIC and also be able to get instrument description from a RIC.

The question is which API should I use?

Does the DataScope select API or other REST API supports this or is there a web UI I can use? Please advise.

Regards,

Jude

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @josa

Please advise what Refintiv services/products you already have access to if any.

Also, when you say instrument description - is the content of the DSPLY_NAME field sufficient or do you require something more verbose perhaps?

The answers to the above will help guide your possible choices

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
37 14 16 18

Thanks @Umer_Nalla. I currently have access to EMA API. Yes, DISPLY_NAME would be enough and am sure I can get it via teh API.

Please advise.

Regards,

Jude

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 89 12 25

Hi @josa

Apologies but some of the forum emails were being marked as spam by my Outlook and I just saw your follow up question.

Yes, you can use EMA APIs to consume Chains and their constituents.

You may find this article helpful - https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/simple-chain-objects-ema-part-1

Whilst it is Java-based, the techniques described will work just as well with EMA C++

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks @Umer_Nalla. I will check and get back if I run into any issues.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.