Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How are the datapoints limits calculated

Dear community,

The current get_data daily limit stands at 10000 and it is not very clear for me how are those calculated. Lets imagine the following hypothetical situation:

1. I have 1 request of 2 instruments and 3 fields per instrument.How many datapoints are calculated - 1, 6 or 2?

2. If I request nonexistent instrument is that calculated as a datapoint?

3. And last but not least if my account gets "Access denied" for an instrument is it calculated as datapoint.

Best regards,

Ivan

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi-limitserror-429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @fireeee

According to the limitation guideline at https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/docs?content=49692&type=documentation_item

A datapoint is a 'cell', or a unique field value for a unique instrument on a unique time stamp.

So 2 instruments and 3 fields per instrument will be calculated as 6 datapoints.

For 2. and 3. in your questions, it does not mention in the guideline but I believe that it does not count.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.