question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 31 40

how to get interlisted RICs?

The question is in the title.

Example, https://api.tmxmoney.com/interlisted/en/all/clist.txt

BMO - listed on TSX and NYSE

Goal : to find all interlisted symbols that are traded on TSX and on any US exchange.

eikonapieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't believe you can use interlisted as a search criteria, so the only way I can think of achieving this is by running a screen that returns all stocks listed on TSX, then another screen for all stocks listed on US exchanges (make sure to include dual listed in the criteria), include CUSIP in the results for both screens and find the intersection between the results of two screens by matching the CUSIP.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sounds promising.

"make sure to include dual listed in the criteria" - could you clarify what you mean here?

Is there a guarantee that the main part of the RIC (without exchange extension) will match for interlisted tickers?

Thanks

When setting criteria in the Screener wizard under the Universe you have an option (not checked by default) to include dual listings. Checking this option will add "countryprimaryquote" term to the expression defining the universe:

SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary,countryprimaryquote)),...

The ticker will not necessarily match. You can see an example in the text file you referenced: Barrick Gold Corporation is listed as ABX on TSX and as GOLD on NYSE.

what exactly parameter 'countryprimaryquote' does mean? For Toronto exchange I see 50 symbols difference. BMO.TO is in both lists.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.