For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Screening results interpretation: matchStrength & resolution

Hello,

I'm looking for guidance on how to correctly interpret the Refinitiv screening results.
During the screening request, I already identify the secondary fields (listed below) to define additional screening criteria.

I understand that the result matchStrength is based only on the first and last name verification and the attributes defined in the secondaryFields do not affect the strength of the match.

As highlighted in the sample response listed below, the secondary fields are evaluated and we receive the fieldResult per requested criteria. During the screening flow introduction, I was informed that I should also receive an aggregated, binary result including all the defined criteria - I think the auto resolution name was used to describe that mechanism.

Can you please advise how to change our integration flow to be able to easily evaluate the overall match based on the defined criteria?

screening request

POST https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/screeningRequest
Accept: application/json
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 13:59:39 GMT
Content-Type: application/json
Cache-Control: no-cache
Authorization: ******
Content-Length: 257{"name":"Michael Berger","entityType":"INDIVIDUAL","groupId":"5nzbfkc4fada1eijdmq8umbx3","providerTypes":["WATCHLIST"],"secondaryFields":[{"typeId":"SFCT_1","value":"MALE"},{"typeId":"SFCT_2","dateTimeValue":"1953-06-23"},{
  "typeId":"SFCT_3","value":"DEU"}]}

part of the screening response

{
  "resultId": "5nzbfq9drsla1enactacah3fo",
  "referenceId": "e_tr_wci_819512",
  "matchStrength": "EXACT",
  "matchedTerm": "Michael BERGER",
  "submittedTerm": "Michael Berger",
  "matchedNameType": "PRIMARY",
  "secondaryFieldResults": [
    {
    {
      "field": {
        "typeId": "SFCT_2",
        "value": null,
        "dateTimeValue": "1975"
      },
      "typeId": "SFCT_2",
      "submittedValue": null,
      "submittedDateTimeValue": "2020-05-05",
      "matchedValue": null,
      "matchedDateTimeValue": "1975",
      "fieldResult": "NOT_MATCHED"
    },

world-checkworld-check-onerecord-matching-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@jan.telega,

You can retrieve the information on the resolution using the API call - 'SEQ-case-investigate-results: Get screening results'.

The auto resolved matches can be identified by the statusId of the resolution which would have statusId as False. The riskId and the reasonId of the match will have null value.

The identification of resolution ids can be obtained from the API call - 'SEQ-pre-group-resolution-toolkit: Get the resolution toolkit for a group by provider'

For more information on the resolution status please refer to the following link, under section - 'World-Check One API Resolution status of a match'

Link - https://developers.refinitiv.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api/quick-start

Hope this clarifies your concern.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.5k 4 8 8

@jan.telega,

Thank you for your query.

The auto-resolution is based on the secondary fields. If any of the SFCT value passed through your system does not match the returned entity, it will be auto-resolved as false. If the name does not match, the entity would not surface in the result.

The evaluation of the result should be based on your decision making logic. We do not provide the decision making logic for the evaluation of results. World-Check One API only provides the data based on the information submitted via your system.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what exactly do you mean by the following statement? - "I was informed that I should also receive an aggregated, binary result including all the defined criteria "

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Hello,

Thanks for the confirmation of the auto-resolution logic.

During the recent discussion with Refinitiv I was informed that the auto resolution result is available through the API and records with EXACT/HIGHT matchStrength may not be valid if the record was auto resolved to false.

For me it is relevant to evaluate DoB and the Country, not only the names. Thus, my understanding is that the screening interpretation logic on the API consumer side should be a combination of matchStrenght and auto-resolution based on the secondary fields.

I could not find in the documentation how to get the auto resolution status from the Refinitiv API. Could you please let me know how to get the complete screening results using API (match strength + resolution status)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Hello again,

Any hint how the following information can be received via API?
Is autop-resolution status available anywhere?

If any of the SFCT value passed through your system does not match the returned entity, it will be auto-resolved as false.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.