I'm looking at EA - Electronic Arts and I see Annual "Interest Expense" in the last quarter when I requested quarterly interest expense.
If I look at the most recent 3/31/2020 10K I see that interest expense is $44M for the entire year.
If I subtract out the prior 3 quarters, I should have $12M for the current quarter.
If I use the following request:
=TR("EA.O","TR.InterestExpense","SDate=0 EDate=-19 Period=FQ0 Frq=FQ CH=Fd RH=Date",B2)
I get the following table in Excel
3/31/2020 is clearly in error.
I suspect 3/31/2017 is displaying a wrong number as well.
Is this common in the income statement data? Should I somehow allow for this and clean the data up myself? Does Refinitiv clean this data?
Who do I report this to and discuss this kind of data error?
The best place to report content issues such as this one is to Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach through MyRefinitiv or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application (from the main Eikon menu select Help - Contact Us).
I have opened support case for this issue on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. The case number is 08927927. You will be contacted by the Helpdesk with the results of their investigation or if they need any clarification. You can also contact the Helpdesk at any time by phone or through Eikon Messenger and reference the case number above.
If I change the request to an annual request I come up with the same number (annual and quarterly) for 3/31/2017. That clearly can't be the case.
3/31/2020 shows $86M for the current year's Interest Expense. I don't see that number in the 10K