question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Multiple EventTypes in a Events History call

Hi team,

I went through the learning material at : https://developers.refinitiv.com/refinitiv-data-platform/refinitiv-data-platform-apis/learning?content=46324&type=learning_material_item

for the Historical requests using the Refinitiv Data Platform. I was wondering if it is possible to have more than one event_types- trade, quote & correction to be given in a single Historical pricing events (T&S) request?

If not, then anyway the caller gets the trade and quotes at the same time for a time frame in the request so that he gets the Trade/ Best Bid and Best Ask at a particular moment in the time frame?

Thank you,

Bansal

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformhistoricalpricing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

You can specify multiple event types. See the section titled: Multiple Event Types, in the APIDocs -> Reference page for historical pricing. Example: eventTypes=trade,quote

https://apidocs.refinitiv.com/Apps/ApiDocs

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @bansalshah and @Gurpreet.,

I have updated the tutorial, to reflect the multiple event types supported.

Thanks.

Hi @Gurpreet. & @zoya.farberov,

Thank you so much for the quick response. I tried the comma separated list in the Postman like "trade, quote" But it returned with this:

{
    "error": {
        "id": "e2497e78-d554-43b9-9f21-80e05e21f464",
        "code": "400",
        "message": "Validation error",
        "status": "Bad Request",
        "errors": [
            {
                "key": "eventTypes",
                "reason": "validation failure list:\neventTypes.1 in query should be one of [trade quote correction]"
            }
        ]
    }
}

I get data fine for all the event types now when I do not provide eventTypes in the request param. But get above issue still.

Okay never mind. My mistake. I had a space in between the , and quote word. Sorry to bother you. Thank you for the help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.