question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

how to get the dacs distribute preview

Hello Team,

I am basically working on the DACS station api (api link is below) . The requirement here is to get the preview of the items or change which will be distributed .

In the DACS station under the distribute option , we do have the preview option which lets us see what changes will be distributed if we execute distribute.

Do we have this functionality in the api (the link is below), i wasn't able to find that, can you please help on how can i achieve this. Many Thanks https://developers.refinitiv.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/dacs-station-api

DACS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@yathin.ullal

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @yathin.ullal,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @yathin.ullal,

WEB SERVICES PROGRAMMER’S GUIDE is the definitive document on the functionality that is covered by DACS Web Service admin interface.

Having reviewed the defined interface again, I do not see such functionality defined. But would not have expected it, as the primary usage is for "creating/querying and updating entitlements" in-place, via calls to DACS web service, from a custom client.

DACS web service exposes a limited targeted subset of the functionality available in DACS.

In my understanding, if the change to entitlements is initiated by the custom client app, this custom app should be able to track and report these changes. This is something one would design for, if it is required. If the change is initiated from outside of the custom app that is DACS web service client, and not applied yet, there would be no way to preview these changes.

I hope this helps to clarify.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.