Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 1 0

Eikon python API not responding?

I have a function that runs and pulls in Benchmark Yields (I.e. US1YT=RR, EU10YT=RR, etc) for a list of 100 currencies. Currently, the function is freezing randomly in the data pull request stage from ek.get_data() where no error message or data is returned. The code is just running with no response. This occurs randomly throughout the list of 100 currencies. For example, on one run, it will freeze on currency 10, on another, currency 99, on another currency 46.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiperformance
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @AlejandroMaximus

Could you please share your code as requested by @chavalit.jintamalit ?

@AlejandroMaximus

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question. If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@AlejandroMaximus

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any update on this question. If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @AlejandroMaximus

can you share your code when you can loop? or API call?

So I can try the same, thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.