Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 4 4 5

Capitalized R&D

I'm trying to find a mnemonic for Capitalized R&D. If I use the Excel formula builder to find it and type in "Capitalized" the only thing that comes up is Capitalized Interest. If I type in "Research and Development" or "R&D", I still can't find it. I must not be formulating my query properly. Can anyone point me in the right direction for Capitalized R&D from the balance sheet? Thanks! Robby

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23 4 4 5

I think I figured out why Capitalized R&D is not a domestic mnemonic. GAAP rules say all R&D has to be expensed. Thus, there is no capitalized R&D. Thanks for your input. https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/knowledge/accounting/capitalizing-rd-expenses/

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi Robby,

In Eikon, you can search in Data Item Browser all data you can get for a RIC.

Example, for IBM, I found this:

Once you identified the field name (here: TR.JPRnDCapitalizedGross), you can request value with eikon python lib. Let us know if you need examples.

I hope it'll help you.

1602536961679.png (156.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 4 4 5

Hi, I did see that one, But, is it only for Japan Companies? Can I get it for domestic companies as well? Thanks! Robby

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.