Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Retrieve all broker esitmates for a given RIC/instrument

Hi,

I'm wanting to retrieve every broker estimate for a RIC/instrument and having some trouble. I've been playing about with the formula given in https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/35751/how-to-get-the-analyst-detail-data-of-stock.html to no avail, I'm not really understanding how varying the period affects the results. Ideally I could give it 'XXXX.L' and I could receive every broker estimate with the Financial Year the estimate is for and when the estimate was made by the analyst.

I'm just not quite sure how to specify the difference between _when_ an estimate was made and what year the estimate was made for. I also want to ensure I get every estimate by a given brokerfor that time period, not just the most recent, but I'm finding it hard to test if this is the case due to the above reasons.

Kind Regards,
Alastair

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @WR_UK

I would suggest that you open a ticket to Refinitiv Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

And ask the helpdesk to help to demonstrate how to set up parameters with fields to retrieve the data using Eikon Excel formula.

Once you have a formula from Eikon Excel, you can easily transform/replicate it with Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.