Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes

Error on handshake port 9000 : ReadTimeout(ReadTimeout)

I am getting the following error when i try to set my appkey in python.

Error on handshake port 9000 : ReadTimeout(ReadTimeout)

I am unsure what is causing this as it has been working perfectly well for months until 2 days ago

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Dominic.desaleslaterriere

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jason.ramchandani

Were you able to resolve the issue the user experienced? If yes, it would be great if you could post the resolution on this thread. Otherwise any update you could add to this thread is very much appreciated.

@jason.ramchandani

Were you able to resolve the issue the user experienced? If yes, it would be great if you could post the resolution on this thread. Otherwise any update you could add to this thread is very much appreciated.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Dominic.desaleslaterriere Please could you tell us what version of Eikon, Eikon Library and Python you are running. Also please list versions for the following libraries in python, httpx and nest-asynchio.

Please also try to clear the Eikon cache using tools=>clear cache and restart to see if that helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi jason,

i have just updated my eikon python package to 1.1.7 and now i am receiving a slightly different error:

Error on handshake port 9060 : TimeoutException("TimeoutException on HTTP request: ReadTimeout('')")

Eikon = Desktop 4.0.52

not sure where to see Eikon library.

python = 3.7.0

httpx= = 0.14.3

nest-asynchio = 1.3.3

I have followed the directions in the below link but get stuck on point 4 as no file of type "SxS.<datetime>.p<process-id>.txt" is produced when i click configuration.

let me Know if you need any more information

thank you

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Dominic.desaleslaterriere ok you can check the eikon library version by:

import eikon as ek
ek.__version__

Have you seen this thread and also this thread. I think they can help you. Please let me know how you get on.

icon clock
10 |1500

sorry my eikon version is 1.1.7 as stated in my comment above.

when i try to trouble shoot using the steps as set out in the link below i do not get a SxS file and so cannot go any further. any ideas?

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/eikon-data-api-python-troubleshooting-refinitiv

Please could you also explain further how to clear my cache? you have put tools=> clear cache but i dont know where you are expecting me to find tools from? in the eikon desktop app?

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Dominic.desaleslaterriere ok can you try and open both: http://localhost:9000/ping?all and http://localhost:9060/ping?all - in 2 web browser tabs and paste the message please.

icon clock
10 |1500

suer see below:

port 9060:

Cannot GET /ping

port 9000:

{"port":9000,"mode":"eikon4","pid":15888,"hasSecure":true,"startedTime":"Mon Nov 02 2020 08:42:22 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)","subApps":[{"path":"/heap"},{"path":"/ping"},{"path":"/sxs","data":{"hasSecure":true,"sxsApps":{}}},{"path":"/api"},{"path":"/sxs/v1/services/messenger"}]}
Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Dominic.desaleslaterriere ok great that shows the proxy and API are running. After you configured the logs - please shutdown eikon, restart machine and restart eikon then check for the presence of the SxS logfile. Apols this is bit labourious.

icon clock
10 |1500

The sxs file now appears but i have a couple new folders of the form Eikon.20201103....p... Not sure whihc i should be looking at. Shall i post the contents of the SxS file?

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Dominic.desaleslaterriere not here - I will email you now then send it back to me as txt file.

icon clock
10 |1500

thank you!

Hi @jason.ramchandani,

Are you able to provide any update on the findings?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.