Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 1 3

.Net API Infrastructure Error

Hello,

I am getting a RequestTypeError.Unspecified when downloading time series data. I would like to know how to recover from this after capturing it. Given it is a static instance, I cannot just rerequest Services = DataService.Instance as that will just give me the same Instance. Can I do Services.Initialize() again? I'm guessing it won't work as the Service State remains Up and the Service says it is already initialized.

Given I have the service as a static member in a class - it looks like I would need to cancel the executable and restart my script, but that is not really an option, which is why I would like to know how to handle this error.

Thanks a lot
Richard

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Alex Putkov. @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, @chavalit.jintamalit

Please assist the client regarding this question.

Hello @richard.fell,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @richard.fell,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@richard.fell

As a first remediation step I would suggest simply repeating failed request. If this doesn't help, then I'm afraid the next step is to restart Eikon application. It's extremely unlikely that the problem is between your application and Eikon. Almost certainly the problem is between Eikon and the backend platform providing data. And if this is the case, then reinitializing DataService instance won't help, as it would only reinitialize communication between your application and Eikon desktop, whereas you need to reinitialize the communication between Eikon desktop and the backend.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.