question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 4 6 8

What does NULL mean?

I'm trying to get specific funds monthly NAV values and tried getting the data by the TR.FundNAV function. I get some values, but mostly NULL values. What does this mean? What can I do about it?

Should I use time-series or real-time and fundamental when I'm trying to get a hold of the monthly nav values?

eikoneikon-com-apidataformula-builder
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@hanken1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

TR.FundNAV is the right field name. It's hard to say why you retrieve null values without an example. I just tried retrieving end of month timeseries for TR.FundNAV for the last year for a few random funds, and the result was returned successfully as expected. It would be very helpful to know the exact call you make to request the data and to have a sample of the results you receive. Here's the call that I made on my end.

ek.get_data(['LP68351404', 'QQQ.O', 'LP68137308'], 
            ['TR.FundNAV.date','TR.FundNAV'],
            {'EDate':'-1Y', 'SDate':'0D', 'Align':'ME'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.