question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Filter request out for specific exchange using Symbology API

Hi team,

I am looking into understand the Symbology API under Refinitv Data Platform - https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/symbology/v1/lookup

I am using the below query to request a RIC for a specific exchange using ExchangeTicker:

{
  "from": [
    {
      "identifierTypes": [
        "ExchangeTicker"
      ],
      "values": [
        "IBM"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "to": [
    {
      "identifierTypes": [
        "RIC"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "type": "auto"
}

The response for this above queries is all the RICs where IBM is present in the RIC, but what if we want just the specific RIC like IBM.N (for NYS) IBM.L (for London Stock) etc?. How do I add that MIC or exchange to the request above to obtain such result?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformsymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
261 2 0 2

Hi @bansalshah

Currently in discovery/symbology/v1 it is not possible to restrict the output to RICs traded on specific venues (MICs/Exchange Codes).

We intend to make this possible in a future release through combining multiple queries e.g. Ticker to RIC, and MIC to RIC, in the same query to out put the intersection of the 2 results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @bansalshah

Try this endpoint https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/search/v1/ with the criteria like below:

{
  "View": "Quotes",
  "Filter": "TickerSymbol eq 'IBM' and ExchangeCode eq 'NYS'",
  "Select": "RIC,TickerSymbol,ExchangeCode,ExchangeName,"
}

ahs1.jpg (22.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

also asked @RFielder if he can comment

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.