question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 3

Downloading from FTP

Hi once my largeRequest has been completed, completed how do download from the ftp pull site using C#? When i use the binary writer i get an empty zip file.

tick-history-rest-apiFTP
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to Albert Chiang and Mercedes Diaz

@akhil

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

@akhil

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

All SOAP API calls go over HTTPS. Firstly, identify the path and file name. Second, you may use either CURL or WGET to retrieve the file. Remember to apply your Tick History credentials in the url otherwise the file may arrive empty.

Here is the syntax to use:

wget “https://tickhistory.thomsonreuters.com/HttpPull/Download?user=<user>&pass=<pass>&file=<file>

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.9k 250 52 74

Quick Start package - C# at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-tick-history-trth/thomson-reuters-tick-history-trth/downloads contains the FTPExample program which demonstrates the use of the SubmitFTPRequest method.

It lifts the restriction of a single instrument and a single day per request that we have seen in the previous SubmitRequest example. That restriction is there to prevent the web service response becoming too large. By contrast, using SubmitFTPRequest the results are placed on an FTP server and we can request up to 30,000 instruments with unlimited date range (as long as the gzipped result does not exceed 15 GB).

ftpexample.png (16.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Hi team,

This is for V1. we can directly use wget and curl to download.

What about V2? do we have FTP location for V2 to download extracted files?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @satish.shioshankar.gaidhane,

According to this "Can we request using sftp file request and get response back using sftp call? (from Webinar May 31)" question, it seems like TRTH V2 doesn't deliver data via FTP.

Upvotes

@Nipat- Thanks. I read this.but it was about to request and response. My question is can we download files already extracted in FTP location using schedules using curl/wget ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.