question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

DACs Limitations (mounts per dacs daemon or IPs per username)

One of the applications in my environment is running into DACS denial when firing up their applications - I suspect we're running into a limitation on the DACS side. I'm aware of accesses from different IPs being restricted based on the number of Access Points defined in DACs - but that is not the problem. When trying to make multiple connections from the same server/IP/application to the same ADS server - we're running into issues. Is there also a limit to the number of mounts on a specific ADS server?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepDACS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @Michael.Mattera,

Max simultaneous logins per user is defined in DACS and is controlled by DACS.

Additionally, ADS controls maxMounts and maxMountsPerUser per ADS in it's configuration.

If you think you are running into these with too many mounts, I would check with your organization's market data admin or group, to see what your infrastructure has defined.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@Michael.Mattera

Not sure what is the error message you received?

If it starts with A21: it likely to be an issue related to the DACS station.

But if there is a message like "Access Denied-already using position XX.XX.XX.XX", there could be a limit of the mount on your ADS. There is some case that ADS Servers failing to recognize that the client mounts had disconnected and removed them from the active mounts in the ADS database. This was addressed by restarting the ADS process.

You should provide the error message or status text to your market data engineer or Refinitiv Support so they can send the case to the right support team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.