question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 6 5 4

How to get list of ISIN's or MNEM within a TRBC activity code

Hello All,

I would like to generate a list of company codes (ISIN or Mnemonics) that meet the criteria of being in a certain TRBC industry or activity group. I am using the DataStream API in R.

For example, If I wanted a list of the securities that fall under the TRBC 2012 hierarchical ID of 59 (utilities) how would I structure that query using DataStream in R?

datastream-apidsws-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Ed_J

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@Ed_J

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Ed_J

You may need to use LTOTMKAU instead with the listRequest method.

listDataFrame <- mydsws$listRequest(instrument = "LTOTMKAU",
                                    datatype = c("MNEM","NAME"), 
                                    requestDate="0D")
listDataFrame

For other lists, you can use the Datastream Navigator to search for instrument names. For example, I found a lot of items relating to TRBC.

Otherwise, you can directly contact the Refinitiv Datastream Web Service support team via MyRefinitiv to find items for you.

1611545686351.png (16.1 KiB)
1611545206791.png (46.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
27 6 5 4

As a follow up, what I'm trying to do is get a list of firms that meet static criteria. Here is an example of me trying to generate a list of firms in TOTMKAU (the Australian market)

a    <- dsws$snapshotRequest(instrument = c("TOTMKAU"),
                             datatype   = "",
                             requestDate  = "0D")

I'd like to know what I need to put into the datatype field to get that result. I've used this example because I've only been able to get error messages using TRBC activity codes, this al least gives me a descriptor of TOTMKAU.

Thanks for any help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.