Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

no access to Eikon data API after macOS update

After macOS update to Big Sur I uninstalled Eikon Data API for Pyhtonwhich was not working but I figured that the API no more exists. I try to install Refinitiv Desktop but it says I have no right to use it. I really need to run my python script can you help ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apimac-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @a.prate,

Would like to suggest taking a look at Codebook, if you have not had a chance to do so. ln your Eikon search bar type "CODEBK". It comes with examples of usage and ability to create your code. You may find article Use Eikon Data API or RDP Library in Python in CodeBook on Web Browser of help.

Also suggest to consult with your Refinitiv account manager on the best way for you to proceed on your organization's requirements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @a.prate,

As the error you observe is "no right to use", I would suggest contacting your Refinitiv account manager to verify that your organization has Refinitiv Workspace desktop product and your user id is permissioned for RW, or you may be able to confirm this information internally, within your organization.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 3

We did not subscribe to RW. Why should we subscribe to another product when we had access to what we needed with the data API ? Please advice how to install the data API so I can run my script like few days ago...

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.