Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 5 9 11

Ownership Fields returning different number of fields - Error

I am currently trying to obtain Fund Ownership information via Python, and while the data is downloaded fine, the issue is with the number of hits being returned. As an example ticker we can take XOM, and you can see that when you run the following two queries separately you get a different number of hits:

TR.FundPortfolioName - returning 3866 values

R.FundParentName - returning 3837 values

The issue here is that with both not having the same lenght, the information cannot be compared. Can you please advise on what to do here? Otherwise I see the field of R.FundParentName as worthless. The same unfortunately applies for TR.FundPctPortfolio, for which 3044 values are available. In my mind the blanks should count as data points, despite being blanks. Please see below for a snapshot certifying that some of the values are incomplete (anything for which the lenght of the individual dataframe is different from 3866). Can anyone suggest a workaround? Would I need perhaps to introduce the equivalent of "NULL=BLANK" in Excel, if there's anything as such, so to give all series the same n. of values?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiequities
1612450754187.png (113.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@giorgio

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@giorgio

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@giorgio

For TR.FundPctPortfolio, you can try ZAV(TR.FundPctPortfolio). From my testing, when using TR.FundPctPortfolio with IBM.N, it returns 2947 rows. However, when using ZAV(TR.FundPctPortfolio), it returns 3620 rows.

For TR.FundParentName, I get the same result when using Eikon Excel. You may need to contact the Eikon Excel support team via MyRefinitiv for a solution. The solution may be applied to the get_data method.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.