Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
70 3 3 7

Eikon R API install error

Hi all,

could I ask for some help on the following please. I am trying to install the R API.

I installed Rtools and Devtools.

If I run

install_github("ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir")

I get the following error message

Downloading GitHub repo ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir@HEAD
Error in utils::download.file(url, path, method = method, quiet = quiet,  : 
cannot open URL 'https://api.github.com/repos/ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir/tarball/HEAD'

Any idea of what is going on? thanks

Gino

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apireikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gino.cenedese,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@gino.cenedese

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Fixed: eventually, apparently the issue was that (or was related to that) I had installed devtools with no admin rights. I had my IT manager install it again with admin rights and everything worked out correctly as expected. cheers

Upvotes
Accepted
70 3 3 7

Thank you! Eventually, apparently the issue was that (or was related to that) I had installed devtools with no admin rights. I had my IT manager install it again with admin rights and everything worked out correctly as expected. cheers

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gino.cenedese

Thank you for sharing.

Upvote
7.6k 15 6 9

@gino.cenedese

Just try to install the latest version of R and follow instructions from this guide, and it works well on my windows 10.

Someone reported a similar issue on the below link, and some users said they have to enable TLS 1.2 on IE setting. I'm not sure it is related to the issue or not.

"cannot open URL" with remotes::install_github() · Issue #130 · r-lib/remotes · GitHub

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @gino.cenedese

Please be informed that the Eikon R is not official Refinitiv product, you can submit the issue to the Eikon R development via the GitHub issue page directly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.