Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 5 5

Get Token API not working.

I tried the /auth/oauth2/v1/token in API playground, but the request is always not successful. See image below:

The client_id I used is generated from APP KEY(Eikon App Key Generator). Please help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonworkspacerefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-apiauthenticationapp-key
errorscreenshot.png (59.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.7k 85 39 63

Hi @filip.shu,

I would recommend you follow the simple Quick Start tutorial to test your user credentials. I too was unable to fetch a token using the Playground interface and I know my credentials work. Perhaps I'm missing a step or the service may not be working. I will follow up and post an update here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, let me try it out.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Posting it just for reference, this due to CORS policy.

In the case of the EDP API Gateway, the origin for API Playground may be something like https://apidocs.refinitiv.com. When a user clicks "Send" on API Playground a request is then sent to the API Gateway at https://api.refinitiv.com. A modern browser will prevent this Cross-Origin request from occurring, unless you have correctly configured your Swagger and back-end. This is to prevent some forms of cross-site request forgery attacks.

capture.png

Related page from confluence -

capture.png (60.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.