Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 5 5

Is there a time difference between receiving price data with excel and receiving price data with EIKON api?

We are checking Korean stock prices with a 20 minute delay on EIKON Monitor. 
So whether I get the closing price with TR.CLOSEPIRCE in the Refinitiv Eikon tab in Excel or the TR.CLOSEPRICE using get_data in the Eikon api, are all the prices delayed by 20 minutes? 
Or is the Eikon api showing a price with a delay of more than 20 minutes? 
I am wondering if it is the same time delay whether receiving price data with EXCEL or Eikon api. 
The reason for asking this question is that when I received TR.CLOSEPRICE from the Refinitiv Eikon tab in EXCEL at around 4:20 pm today (for example, '005930.KS'), the price on March 2 came out correctly. However, when using EIKON API's TR.CLOSEPRICE, the price came out on February 26th. And after about 5 minutes, the price came out on March 2. 
Therefore, please inquire if there is a time difference between the price data received by EXCEL and the price data received by EIKON API. 
Thank you very much for your hard work.
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jijija

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@jijija To my knowledge the sources are the same for both so no there should not be any discrepancy. Please can you paste the code you were using to obtain the price.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.