"SearchRequest": {

"InstrumentTypeGroups": [

"FuturesAndOptions"
],
"IdentifierType": "Ticker",
"Identifier": "CL",
"PreferredIdentifierType": "Ric"
}}

I would expect to see CLK1 as one of the results (it's in the results for the same search on the Datascope website), but we haven't received that even after repeating the Search on the supplied @odata.nextlink values

Is it possible to confirm if the above search does return CLK1 as one of the values, and if it does, which search address is it returned in (eg https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/InstrumentSearch?$skiptoken='MjUw')

Our developer has made a change so that we scroll through each page and we are still unable to find a result. We are looking for 'CLK1 ' in our results.

I tried several next link pages (200+) but unable to find the CLK1 RIC in result and another issue is same RICs are repeating in many pages which is strange.

Is there an easier way to check all pages? Are you able to find CLK1 with the above API in any of the pages?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsstick-history-rest-apiapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
262 12 15 17

@zoya.farberov and @mohamed.hisham Hi, I would recommend to increase the results by keying in header as below:

Prefer: respond-async;odata.maxpagesize=100000

Here is the output showing CLK1

1614850581844.png (101.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @mohamed.hisham,

Let me try to answer, with a little disclaimer- I am a developer, this forum is dedicated to general questions and discussion of Refinitiv API usage, and Refinitiv content experts are best reached directly via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content

Having tested this search via Datascope GUI client, it's a giant search. The result does not fit into the maximum DSS GUI search result size of 5000 instruments:

so to me, this indicates that not the complete search results will be returned, and this request is not a good candidate for this InstrumentSearch request, the request is too wide, in order to obtain a complete result, one would have to narrow down the request.

One way to quickly verify that this Ticker maps to this RIC is running the opposite request, RIC -> Ticker

{
  "SearchRequest": {
"InstrumentTypeGroups": [
"FuturesAndOptions"
],
"IdentifierType": "Ric",
"Identifier": "CLK1",
"PreferredIdentifierType": "Ticker

And result is as expected:

{   "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Content.ValidatedInstrument)",
    "value": [
        {
            "Identifier": "CL",
            "IdentifierType": "Ticker",
            "Source": "NYM",
            "Key": "VjF8MHgwMDEwMGIwMDBkZmVkZWVhfDB4MDAxMDBiMDAwZGZlZGVlOXxOWU18RFZRVXxERVJWfEZVVHxEfHxDTEsxfDUwMzQ",
            "Description": "LIGHT CRUDE MAY1",
            "InstrumentType": "DerivativeQuote",
            "Status": "Valid"
        }
    ]
}

Now we have confirmed that Ric CLK1 maps to Ticker CL.

Going back to narrowing down the request, I would look into

FuturesAndOptionsSearch that is more suitable for futures and options then InstrumentSearch,

and try to narrow it down by F&O specific parameters. This search does not accept Ticker as IdentifierType parameter, so the correct way to the search is less then obvious to me, may require two requests.

However, Refinitiv DSS content experts should be able to better guide you on this, to help identify the appropriate search for your requirements, which you can then run via API.

I know this is not all the information you are looking for, I hope this helps to progress toward the solution.

searchresult.gif (130.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.