Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

etf live market data and eod holdings

I need to use Eikon DATA API to extract live market data for etfs other funds and also their holdings as specified in the pictures. I wonder if anyone can help to identify available functions in api for this task. I have seen a post on month-end holdings for etfs here. I appreciate your help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apietf
screenshot-39-li.jpg (236.5 KiB)
screenshot-37-li.jpg (173.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@afardgmx

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply?

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @afardgmx

I suggest that you use "CODE CREATOR" to explore the data field.

You can type in "CODECR" on Eikon Search Bar and press enter to launch the "CODE CREATOR"

Then you can add fields that you want to the Python code builder.

Once done, you can copy the code out and test it.

If you cannot find the fields, you can contact The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to clarify the field name.

The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.png (150.9 KiB)
ahs2.png (53.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Thanks for the provided answer. My Eikon interface look a bit different than the one here and non of dropdowns have those options. Could you share your screen for QLD Proshares ETF? Are you getting daily holding or historical month-end reports, for example. I would be interested in live data and daily holdings. Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @afardgmx

I do not know what is the instrument code for PLD Proshares ETF.

So I am using 2845.HK(some ETF in Hong Kong) for demonstration purpose.

You can follow the steps in this GIF image to see the same app as me.

The file is too large to attach to this portal, so I used imgur to host the file.

https://imgur.com/a/Kr000dT

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

thanks for the instruction. Yes, it goes Lipper Funds > Corporate Action History > Fund Holdings.

As shown in the attachment, this instruction provide details based on the last filing only. However, I would be interested in the current data (updated daily), which are identified in the screenshots of my original post. I wonder if there are functions to extract those information. Thanks.

screenshot-42-li.jpg (196.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@afardgmx

I'm afraid only the latest holdings are available through Eikon APIs. Historical holdings can only be viewed in Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.